Staff members of the Disability Support Service are keen on sharing their knowledge and skills with all those interested in the notion of accessibility and supporting students with disabilities.
We invite the academic community of the Jagiellonian University (both persons who deliver courses/lectures and non-teaching staff) to training sessions and one-on-one meetings focusing on such themes as:
- Disability awareness, skills useful when coming in direct contact with persons with disabilities and solutions in place in that regard at the Jagiellonian University;
- Working and delivering courses/lectures taking into consideration the needs of persons with different disabilities (such as related to sight, hearing, mental difficulties or autism spectrum disorder);
- Adapting educational materials to the needs of persons with sight disability;
- Using computer applications with the needs of persons with disabilities in mind;
- Tools and solutions supporting persons with specific learning difficulties;
- Physical accessibility for persons with special needs;
- Evacuation of persons with disabilities.
Training sessions may be organised in response to the needs of groups of staff members wishing to explore a given subject. The dates and type of training delivery (on-site or online) will be arranged so as to meet the expectations of the participants.
We also encourage persons interested in one-on-one meetings with specialists from the JU DSS to get in touch with us.
Please contact our trainer at: firstname.lastname@example.org.